Monday, March 24, 2014

This text does a great job on giving a sneak-peak into the background of graphic novels. Since I am fairly new to reading this type of literature, it is interesting to learn about what is classified as a graphic novel and what should be classified as a "graphic memoir". I made the distinction that a graphic memoir is more appropriate for a work of non-fiction origin as opposed to fiction. William Bradley also goes into depth explaining different types of works such as "Fun Home". Since I am unfamiliar with them it is hard to understand the particular references he makes, but overall this work offers insight into the world of graphic novels.

3 comments:

  1. I am also unfamiliar with the work "Fun Home" which makes me can't connect, which makes it hard to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you on how this article does a great job on giving sneak peak into graphic novels. I loved how the author was describing Garfield, Superman, Art Spiegelman's Maus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammy,
    Bradley does a good job of defining graphic novels and memoirs. I think this helps give us a better understanding of these types of novels.

    ReplyDelete